DIY I Spy Bottles
When my son was very young, I Spy was his favorite game. At the time we lived in a city and rode buses when we needed to get somewhere and I Spy was the best way to keep him busy while we went from here to there. Even at the ripe old age of nine, he still enjoys a good game of I Spy with his sister, but I wish I’d made him an I Spy bottle back when it was his favorite.
Things you’ll need:
Straight-sided water bottle with removable stickers
Rice (our Rainbow Rice makes it even more exciting!)
Small toys, miniatures, coins and buttons (this is a great way to use up random craft do-dads)
Things to do:
1. Rinse and Dry the water bottle.
2. Fill the bottle about 1/3rd of the way up with rice and then slip half the toys/buttons and do-dads into the bottle.
3. Fill the bottle another 1/3rd full and add the remaining toys.
4. Fill the bottle, almost to the top.
5. Add a bead of glue around the threads on the bottle and twist the lid firmly shut. Remove all labels and allow the glue to dry before use.
6. Shake and turn to reveal something new!