DIY Plaster Hand Jewelry Display
While I’m not a big jewelry girl, I definitely have that classic box of mixed up necklaces, bracelets and rings that I have to dig through every time I feel in the mood for some bling. This plaster hand is helping me get a better grip on that mess, displaying my favorite items in a fun and interesting way.
Things you’ll need:
Half Gallon Mason Jar with ring
Plaster of Paris
Disposable container for mixing
Things to do:
1. Fold the cuff of the glove over the mouth of the jar so that the glove hangs down into the jar, not touching the bottom or sides. Screw the ring on to secure it. Be sure that the glove, when filled and hard, will pull easily out of the jar.
2. Mix the plaster according to the package directions. Remember that plaster sets quickly, so you’ll need to have the glove ready to go before you mix.
3. Pour the plaster into the glove until it comes about halfway up the wrist.
4. Shake the jar slightly to create a flat surface at the top of the wrist. Allow the plaster to harden almost completely.
5. Remove the glove from the hand and sand any flaws gently with fine sand paper or just rub with your thumb to smooth any edges.
6. Set hand up on a flat surface where you want to display your jewelry.