Have fun sewing this carrot treat holder for yourself or a child. It’s perfect for small sweets or colored pencils for Easter bunch place holder. It’s just the right touch for spring! If you desire, you can add magnets to the back and hang on a magnetic board or the refrigerator.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 12+
Things to do:
1. Trace the carrot shapes onto the orange felt. There are two parts – one with a convex top and one with a concave top.
2. Cut your shapes out.
3. Trace and cut one carrot top shape from the green felt. Using a decorative stitch on your sewing machine, decorate the felt with a design of your choice. Have fun!
4. This is one way you can machine-stitch your carrot top!
5. Pin the carrot top to the back of the convex carrot shape, as shown.
6. Stitch this together. Next, stitch some decorative marks on the carrot, as shown.
7. Stitch decorative marks on the concave carrot piece as well.
8. Pin the concave part over the top of the convex part, wrong sides together.
9. Stitch in place along the two diagonal sides.