DIY Faux Stained Glass Vases
Stained glass vases are a great craft for kids and adults. The results can be as simple or elaborate as you want them to be. Use the tissue paper and construction paper to create a pattern, use different colors, and really make it your own!
Things to do:
Prep work: Cut tissue paper and black paper into squares
1. Make sure your bottle is clean, and use your sponge brush to paint the top of your bottle with Mod Podge.
2. Apply squares of tissue paper onto the bottle where Mod Podge was applied.
3. Continue applying Mod Podge down the bottle and putting tissue paper on top. Use the sponge brush to gently smooth the tissue paper as you go.
4. Let your bottle dry completely.
5. Create your stained glass window design just as you would a paper snowflake. Take your square piece of black construction paper and fold it into a triangle by bringing one corner of the square to the opposite corner.
6. Make this triangle into a smaller triangle by folding one bottom corner of the triangle to the other bottom corner. Do this again to make an even smaller triangle.
7. After folding your paper into this tiny triangle, hold your paper where all the points meet. Cut the opposite side of the triangle so that the edge is curved.
8. Keep the paper folded and begin cutting into it with the scissors to create your design. Remember not to cut all the way down either side because the creases hold your paper together.
9. Open your paper to reveal your design.
10. Glue your paper stained glass design to the outside of your decorated glass bottle. Apply Mod Podge on top of your design to secure it and let dry.
11. Place flowers in your vase or set in front of a window to fully enjoy its sunny qualities!