Whether you’re planning a birthday party for kids, a fun wedding or just a silly afternoon in the backyard, these easy to make animal photo booth props are a perfect thing to make and use.
Kids can help with the painting and advise on colors, but don’t let younger kids use hot glue without close supervision.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 minutes to an hour, plus drying time
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. I let my daughter paint the cat mask, and she chose solid purple. Paint and allow to dry.
2. For the dog mask, I went with classic brown. Paint and allow to dry.
3. If you want to add more details, do so now. I opted for painting my dog’s ears black and adding a few dots to the face. You could also add whiskers or other embellishments as you like.
4. For the cat ears, cut two pieces of felt the color you want for the outside of the ear (I went with light brown) in a triangle shape with an inch or so tab at the bottom for gluing.
5. Cut two smaller pink (or color of your choice) triangles to make the inside of the ear. Use hot glue to attach the inner ear to the outer ear.
6. Use hot glue to attach the ear to the headband. Fold the felt at the bottom of the ear around the headband and glue securely.
7. Repeat with the second ear.
8. For the dog ears, I cut elongated ovals, again with a flat tab at the top, out of dark brown felt.
9. Use hot glue to attach the ears to the headband, this time rolling the top of the ear around the headband sideways so the ears hand down.
10. Allow glue to dry.
11. Photo shoot time!