Flower halo headbands are adorable accessories for weddings and other special occasions. When making this, be sure all wire ends end in the up” position so they don’t scratch the head, but if desired, you can hot glue some narrow ribbon to the back for comfort.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 20 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Bend the floral wire to fit the head. It can be about 3-4 inches shorter than the head circumference. Warm up your hot glue gun.
2. Tie on an 18″ piece of ribbon to one end and hot glue it in place. If you use wired ribbon, remove the wires from both ends before tying. Repeat with the other side.
3. Snip off pieces of the flowers, making sure you have plenty of stem” to wrap around the main headband.
4. Wrap the first flower piece around the headband as shown, on one side, angling any wire edges upward.
5. Continue by wrapping a piece on the other side.
6. Wrap all pieces from side to side until they meet in the middle. If desired, hot glue a piece of narrow ribbon to the bottom for comfort.