Summer wedding season is approaching and junior bridesmaids and flower girls look so cute with miniature veils. Don’t buy one – they’re expensive! Instead, make your own with a bit of tulle and some ribbon and beads. This flower girl veil is also perfect as a communion veil.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. If hand-sewing, thread your needle and knot the end. If using a machine, load it with white thread in the top and bobbin. Cut your tulle to the length desired, then fold it like a fan along the shorter edge, making it the same width as your barrette.
2. Sew the netting along the folds, keeping it in place.
3. This is what the end will look like after sewing. Warm up your hot glue gun.
4. Glue the tulle to the top of the barrette.
5. Cut your white ribbon to 6-7 inches long.
6. Fold the ribbon so the ends overlap in the middle.
7. Poke the needle into the back of the ribbon as shown.
8. Pinch the center of the bow and wrap the thread around it a few times. Knot and clip the thread in the back.
9. Glue beads to the center of the bow as desired.