I love how inexpensive, simple, sweet, and versatile a popsicle stick photo frame is. And it’s the type of gift a mom will treasure forever! Of course, this isn’t just a great gift for Mother’s Day … it’s perfect for Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day, a special person’s birthday, Christmas, Teacher Appreciation Day … any time you need a heartfelt, handmade gift.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1-2 hours
Age range: 6+
Things to do:
1. Place a drop of hot glue at each end of two popsicle sticks
2. Create a square by placing two more popsicle sticks across the dots of glue.
3. Tie the embroidery thread around the top popsicle stick and then continue
wrapping loops of yarn around the stick, keeping the thread taut and each
4. Every inch or so, turn the frame over and secure the loops of thread with a
dot of hot glue. Secure the end the same way.
5. Wrap the opposite side with pink thread and the remaining two sides with
6. Place your chosen photo behind the frame and draw lines to correspond with
the edges of the frame. Cut inside the lines.
7. Place the photo behind the frame and hot glue in place.