Create a colorful felt pennant banner, perfect for decor, as well as parties and showers!
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 10 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Create your pennant. Using a ruler and pen, create a triangle template according to your desired pennant size. We used a 6 inch height, with a 4 inch base.
2. Cut out your pennant shapes.
3. Use your ruler to measure out the amount of string or twine you desire to use, which should be based on the amount of space you wish for it to cover, as well as how large the base of your pennant is.
4. Lay your felt pennants out, underneath your twine according to how far you wish to space them out from one another. (You can mark the spot on your felt, and glue and then thread your string through, or use the method pictured.)
5. Use hot glue to create a line underneath, but not touching your string. We put ours around 1/2 inch from the top. (The idea is to NOT glue your string to the felt, so that your pennant can move freely on your string) Fold the top of your pennant over your spring, and press down, so that your felt dries to your hot glue. Be sure you are not gluing your string to the felt, or you will not be able to move your pennants freely on the string. Do this with all of your pennants to create your banner.