Craft these twine flowers from thicker twine for a statement piece, or use thinner twine if you’d like to make more delicate flowers. These can be as large, or as full, as you’d like.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Warm up your hot glue gun and glue the toothpicks onto the cardboard as shown.
2. Glue more toothpicks around the circle. If you’re using thicker twine, no more than eight toothpicks; if using thinner twine, feel free to add mor.
3. Start wrapping your twine around one toothpick, then around the toothpick directly across from it. Loop it again to a toothpick across the circle, and adjacent to the first one you wrapped. Continue like this until you’ve looped the twine around all the toothpicks at least twice.
4. Twist the twine in the center, creating the center of the circle. Glue in place.
5. Thread your needle and knot the end. Stitch around the flower, in and out of the twine loops, until the flower is stitched together.
6. Pull the flower off the toothpicks. You might have to sacrifice a toothpick or two at first, but you can re-glue these to make more flowers.