Carry your art supplies from a studio to your fresh air painting location, or just from your shelf to your work space. This milk jug art bin is a fabulous way to store some of your paints and brushes and other supplies without worrying about dropping them or accidentally getting paint in places you don’t want it to be!
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 2+ hours
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Clean and remove the label from your milk jug. Looking at the final photo, draw a guideline on the jug to show you where to cut. You’ll need to cut out the spout and around the side that’s opposite the handle. The handle is crucial to the end product.
2. Cut out the opening in the jug and paint the outside.
3. This is what it will look like after one coat of paint. Allow the jug to dry.
4. After two coats, your milk just should be thoroughly coated.
5. Paint a circle or another shape in two coats of chalkboard paint, allowing the paint to dry between coats.
6. Warm up your hot glue and hot glue gun. Start glueing your ribbon to the cut area of the jug, glueing on the outside and wrapping it around the inside and glueing.
7. This is what it looks like when finished. Season” the chalkboard painted area by covering it with chalk and wiping off. Now write your message for the day, and add the plastic cup inside the jug that will hold your brushes and pencils. Fill the rest of the container with your paints and other supplies!