Whether you’re decorating for fall or Winter, you’ll enjoy making these owl ornaments. Give each one its own personality with different color buttons. Make them even more special by using a wood-burning tool for the feathers instead of a marker.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Drill holes in the top of your wood slices. Cut two black pieces of felt in circles and a yellow or orange piece of felt in a triangle. Warm up your hot glue gun.
2. Glue the felt to the wood slices as shown.
3. Draw wings and feathers on the wood slice.
4. Glue wooden buttons to the felt for eyes.
5. Add small buttons on for pupils.
6. Cut four pieces of pipe cleaner as shown.
7. Form these into feet.
8. Glue the feet to the back of the wood slice.
9. Loop the twine through the hold you drilled and tie.