Make an entire forest of these rustic felt trees, or create just one for a tree for a dollhouse or train set for an older child. Perfect for either decor or imaginative play!
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Drill a hole in one of the wood slices, making sure it’s largest to insert a cinnamon stick. Warm up your hot glue gun.
2. Add some hot glue to the base of the cinnamon stick and glue inside the hole.
3. Fold a piece of felt and pin the template along the fold as shown.
4. Cut out the tree shape and unfold.
5. Repeat for at least 5 more trees, but more if you want a fuller effect.
6. Refold the tree shape and carefully add hot glue along the fold.
7. Attach to the cinnamon stick as shown.
8. Repeat for another tree shape, placing it opposite of the first one.
9. Continue for the remaining tree shapes. The top of the final tree should look as shown.