Ring in the new year with this simple but elegant bottle decor that – in golden glory – exclaims the hope to come! Celebrate New Year’s Eve in style!
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 1-2 hours (includes drying time)
Age range: 12+
Things to do:
1. Don your face mask (highly recommended) and head outside on a low-wind day that’s preferably at least 45 degrees. Spray your bottles, making sure to spray with the wind direction away from your body. It’s best to spray light coats and allow each to dry for 10-15 minutes. Spraying thick coats will cause the paint to drip down the bottles.
2. Print out numbers that are about 3 1/2 to 4 inches tall.
3. Cut the numbers out and trace them, upside down, on the back side of the craft foam.
4. Warm up your hot glue gun. Cut out the letters and admire their sparkle.
5. Check the length of the dowel rod to make sure it’s long enough to go inside the bottle and still allow room to glue a number to the top. If it’s not long enough, add some filler to the bottle first. Glue the numbers to the dowel rod, and then insert one dowel into each bottle.