Spruce up your shelves or winter table with a forest of festive felt trees. Try playing with different colors, textures, and shapes to create a natural, unique look that you and your holiday guests are sure to love.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Fold a piece of paper in half and draw a tree shape. Cut it out and open it up to reveal a perfectly symmetrical tree.
2. Trace your pattern onto a piece of felt and cut it out. You’ll need a minimum of five felt trees per one project.
3. Next, attach to your felt trees to the stick. Fold them in half and run a line of hot glue down the middle. Place them roughly 1/2 inch above the top of the stick.
4. When all of your felt pieces are attached and the tree is full, use hot glue to bring the tops of the trees together, giving it a finished and polished look.
5. Use hot glue to secure the stick to a log slice base. If you’ll be moving your trees around a lot and need it to be extra secure, I recommend drilling a hole into the base first.