Let her accessorize with this adorable snowflake hair clip as eek out the last bit of winter fun.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Cut 9 pieces of one color of ribbon to 3 1/2 inches, and cut 9 pieces of the other color to 3 inches each. Thread your needle. Put the needle through both pieces, with the smaller on top, but don’t pull the needle all the way through yet.
2. Loop the shorter ribbon onto the needle as shown.
3. Loop the larger ribbon onto the needle as well.
4. Continue looping the other pieces onto the needle, pulling the finished ones down as you work.
5. After you’ve completed all nine loops, your flower will look like this. Don’t trim the thread yet.
6. Sew the last petal to the first petal. Tie off the thread and clip. Warm up your hot glue gun.
7. Glue a piece of ribbon to the top of the barrette.
8. Glue the flower to the barrette.
9. Glue the snowflake to the middle of the barrette.