This quirky little scarecrow will put a smile on your face and is the perfect, simple decor for autumn. Experiment with different colors and different expressions.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 1 hour (includes drying time)
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Warm up your hot glue gun. Cut your card stock slightly smaller than the size of 8 sticks lined next to each other. Glue the first two sticks the card stock, as shown.
2. Finish gluing all 8 sticks to the card stock. Here’s what it looks like from the back.
3. Cut a bit of the raffia and glue about 2″ down from the top of the group of sticks. Glue the final craft stick on top, at an angle – or not! You can decide. This represents the hat and hair.”
4. Glue the magnets to the back.
5. Draw a face on the scarecrow.
6. Paint the hat, and allow to dry.