Bring the outside in during autumn and make a beautiful leaf luminary centerpiece. This will look gorgeous all season long…and last a long time, so you can show it off on your Thanksgiving table.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 1-2 hours *includes dry time
Age range: 12+
Things to do:
1. Snip off any stems on the leaves you’ve gathered.
2. It’s best to do steps 2-5 outside, with the wind away from you! If desired, first put on latex gloves (the spray is very sticky). Spray your jar in the place you’d like to place a leaf, and quickly spray the back of a leaf.
3. Wait a few seconds so the spray is tacky and not wet. Carefully stick the leaf onto the jar.
4. Repeat with more leaves.
5. When you’re done layering your leaves on the jar, this is what it will look like.
6. Wait for the leaves to dry. Paint on some Mod Podge and allow to dry.
7. Wrap the top with raffia ribbon.
8. Insert your tea light into the jar.
9. Watch your beautiful leaf luminary jar glow!