Rainy spring days have your kiddos going a little stir crazy? These darling chicks are a great way to add some excitement to play time. They’ll love using paint and glue to create a cute little critter they get to keep.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 10 minutes
Age range: 6 and up *Younger ages should use white craft glue
Things to do:
1. The first step is painting your spools. Use a paintbrush and acrylic paint to add a fun pattern like stripes or polka dots.
2. Use hot glue to attach two google eyes to the front, center of your spool.
3. Next, we’re going to make the beak for our chick. Cut a small triangle out of orange foam. Fold the triangle in half, creating a crease down the middle.
4. Use hot glue to attach the foam beak just below the google eyes.
5. Trim a 2-1/2 inch piece of feather. Slide it down the center of your spool and use hot glue to hold it in place.