Bring your pencils to school in style! This is an easy project for any child who can cut and stitch, though parents might need to help with button holes. For an even easier project, use a dot of hot glue on the buttons instead of stitching, but keep in mind the case won’t last as long that way.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Cut a piece of felt 3″ wide by 6 1/2 ” long.
2. Check the size of your pencils and cut a second piece of felt 3″ wide by a length that will be long enough to flap over the pencils, to be secured by cord and a button. In this example the felt is 12″ long.
3. Sew or glue a button about 2″ from one short end of the first piece of felt.
4. Stitch the two pieces of felt together, matching one short end. Be sure to leave the top open!
5. Fold the long piece of felt over and sew or glue a button in place. Secure a piece of cord to the top.
6. To close the case, wrap the cord around the lower button.