Design and sew your very own stuffed felt monster in just a few simple steps! This project is easy enough for kids learning to sew.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 1-2 hours
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Sketch a simple outline for the monster’s body. Have fun! This can be any shape with any number of arms, legs, or random appendages. There is no “right” answer.
2. Cut two of your monster’s body shape from felt.
3. Decide on eyes, nose, mouth, and whatever extra embellishments you would like for your monster. I chose to do a mouth and a single eye (made up of two circles). Your steps 4-6 will vary depending on the facial features you choose.
4. Sew the white eye piece on the monster.
5. Sew the black inner eye piece overlapping the white eye piece.
6. Sew the mouth on the monster.
7. With wrong sides together, sew all the way around the monster, leaving a 1-2 inch gap for stuffing.
8. Stuff the monster and sew the gap shut.