Create some flowers that will never fade! This are sturdy and whimsical pipe cleaner flowers that you can make in many different colors – create enough for a small bouquet.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Take one pipe cleaner and create a loop, wrapping it around itself as shown.
2. Form another loop of equal size next to the first one. Bring the tail down in front.
3. Wrap the tail up and around the back.
4. Create a third loop between the first two, bringing the tail around in the front.
5. Set the first one aside and repeat steps 1-4 for a second set of petals.
6. Place both sets of petals together, on top of each other as shown.
7. Twist the tails together.
8. Open up both sets of petals, revealing a 6-petal flower.
9. Cut a third pipe cleaner in half. Roll it into a spiral, leaving about an inch unrolled.
10. Turn the unrolled tail upward as shown.
11. Insert the tail into the center of the flower.
12. Wrap all the tail around the other two.
13. Wrap a green pipe cleaner around the other three tails until it’s secure.