Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the weather and the color and the feeling in the air. And most of all the leaves. I always wait and wait for the leaves and then I want to keep them forever. Those bright colors! Red and gold and orange! I love them! This is a great way to keep a reminder of those leaves all winter long (and beyond) in an elegant way.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: Less than 10 minutes
Things you’ll need:
Crayons or Pastels
Access to a window
Things to do:
1. Carefully cut out two or three pages of a book, making sure the edges are neat on the cut side.
2. Collect a few leaves and press flat gently with paper towels to help flatten and dry them.
3. Center the leaves on your page with the veins facing the page. Hold the page up to a window and use your crayon to lightly outline the leaf on the page.
4. Switch to a flat surface, being careful keep the leaf in the same place.
5. Turn your crayon onto it’s side and rub gently within the outline to reveal the veins and texture of the leaf.