If you are a knitter, or you have a knitter in your life, then you’ll know the importance of stitch markers. These indispensable little items are generally plain and utilitarian, but they don’t have to be. With a little wire and a few beads, you can whip up a collection of pretty markers for your favorite knitter.
Things to do:
1. Snip the wire into three inch sections.
2. Using the pliers, smash the ends until they are smooth and free of barbs.
3. With the very tip of the pliers, curl the ends of the wire into small spirals.
4. Bend the center of the wire into a U” shape, bringing the spirals tightly together.
5. Try different variations of these using beads, longer ends or making simple loops closed by a bead. Use your imagination! Your knitter will thank you!