Whether or not it’s summer, ice cream is always a treat! Craft adorable ice cream cone treats that will never melt. These can be used as package toppers, kitschy lapel pins, or string a bunch together to create a mouth watering bunting for your next party.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 8+
Things you’ll need:
Large craft pom poms
Small craft pomp poms
Hot glue gun
Needle with a large eye, and thread *optional
Rotary cutter *optional
Things to do:
1. Cut 4-inch square pieces of burlap for cones.
2. Either trace the curve of a plate onto the corner of the burlap and cut with scissors, or use a rotary cutter on a protected surface. Warm up your hot glue gun, unless you plan to sew your cones.
3. Fold the cone as shown, and either glue or sew into place.
4. Fill the cone with burlap scraps, and glue a large pom pom to the top.
5. Add a small pom pom for a cherry on top!