This two-colored, folded felt flower will make a nice addition to your collection – add this to a purse, fun hat, lapel or even a barrette.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 30-60 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Cut your card stock into a tapered, rounded rectangle. You’ll want two sizes – one just slightly smaller than another.
2. Trace five of each size.
3. Thread your needle, knot one end, and fold the bottom of one of the larger petals as shown. Insert the needle.
4. Continue adding the remaining 4 petals on the same strand of thread.
5. Next, start adding the smaller petals between the larger ones.
6. This is what it looks like when three petals are added.
7. Sew through all the petals to keep them in shape.