Use felt scraps and bottle caps to create this deliciously adorable, sweet as pie magnet.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 10 mins+
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Cut felt scrap in to tiny piece, using whatever color you would like your berries to be.
2. Roll the felt scraps into tiny balls. If it doesn’t roll easily, pull on your felt until the fabric loosens, and then roll.
3. Once you have a sufficient amount of berries (this will depend on how large you make them, and how full you wish your pie tin to be) apply glue to the inside of your cap, and press the berries into place.
4. After your berries are in place, measure the inner length of your bottle cap. The size can vary a bit depending on the condition of the cap or if it has been flattened or not.
5. Once you have your inner cap measurement, cut your crust strips.
6. Roll your strips between your fingers to create a more “homemade” pie crust effect. This is not necessary, but does help give the pie a more realistic look.
7. Glue your pieces in place.
8. Lastly, using your glue, attach your magnet to the back of your bottlecap. Tip: You can also trim your pie, using the same method.