Washi tape is such a fun element to add to crafts, and so many things can be done with it. This woven technique can be applied to cards, banners or anywhere you might use washi tape to add depth and texture to a craft. The trick on this is to use sturdy paper and a light touch when relaying the strips, but the outcome is so cute it’s worth it!
Difficulty level: Moderate
Time required: 15-25 minutes
Thing to do:
1. Cut five or six strips of your tape to about the same length.
2. Line up the tape ends along the paper, placing the edges close to each other.
3. Smooth a small section of ever over piece of tape down.
4. Cut another piece of tape of about equal length and lay it down over the tape, cross wise, so that it covers the smoothed down pieces.
5. Peel back the pieces that were down, just to the edge of the cross piece, and smooth down the opposite strips a short ways.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have reached the ends of the first set of strips.
7. Smooth down all edges and use the textured weave in any project you like. This can be peeled off and applied to a difference surface or used on the paper as is.