Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 15 minutes
Age range: 8 and up, with adult supervision for hot glue gun
Things to do:
1. Wrap the washi tape around the spool one time, overlapping the ends. Continue to wrap the spool, always overlapping the ends in the same spot.
2. Wrap until you have covered the entire spool.
3. Using a Sharpie, draw a sweet bunny face on the tape. We drew ours on the opposite side of the spool from the overlapped tape ends so it would look neater.
4. Cut two pipe cleaner lengths that are each 4 1/2 ” long.
5. Bend the two lengths in half so that they are shaped like bunny ears.
6. Place both pipe cleaner ears inside the wooden spool, spacing them evenly apart and making sure they are the same height.
7. Place a dot of hot glue in the center to hold the two ears together and to secure them in the spool.
8. Place another dot of hot glue on the back of a pompom.
9. Press the pompom onto the spool, on the opposite side of the spool from where you drew the bunny face. The pompom can hide some of the overlapped washi tape, too.