Create some cute, rustic owl ornaments to complete your rustic Christmas decor or to give as gifts. Replace the buttons eyes with felt or try your hand at woodturning the details for more customization.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1 hour
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Draw wings and feathers on the sides of the wood slice.
2. Glue two larger buttons for the white, outer part of the eye.
3. Glue two smaller buttons for the inner parts of the eye and a small triangle for the beak.
4. Cut a piece of bakers twine, a couple inches long, and tie the end in a knot to create a loop.
5. Glue the loop to the back of the wood slice, toward the top.