These little elves make cute, kid-made ornaments and gift decorations for the holidays and are also a fun little rainy (or snowy) day project. If you have other beads laying around and dont have 3/4″ beads, adjust the size of the hat and robe accordingly. Try adding a square of paper between the elf’s hands” to turn them into gift tags!
Things to do:
1. Cut the ribbon into 5″ lengths and insert both ends into one hole on each bead. Glue in place and allow to dry.
2. Form a small cone with a bottom diameter just larger than the bead with the red fabric. Once you have trimmed and sized in, wrap it around the bead so the ribbon sticks out of the top of the hat. Glue along the seam and around the head” of the elf.
3. Fold the pipe cleaner in half and glue the two ends into the remaining hole in each bead. Once dry, shape to form to arms and a triangular body.
4. Cut a rectangle from the green fabric that is twice as long as the elf’s body and as wide as the arm span. Starting at one of the narrow ends, slit the rectangle half way up.
5. Slide the neck” of the elf into the slit so that the solid piece is at the back and the slit is toward the front. Fold the ends down and glue along the edges to form sleeves. Bend the arms in to meet. Adding a few drops of glue to hold them in place if necessary.
6. Using your markers, draw eyes and a smile onto the face of each elf.