Four little penguins, dressed in white and black.
Waddle, waddle forward and waddle right back!
Four little penguins, in a funny pose,
They are wearing their evening clothes.
Their suits are black and their vests are white.
They waddle to the left and they waddle to the right.
They stand on the ice and they look very neat,
As they waddle along on their little flat feet.
Things you need:
1 – 3″ Styrofoam Ball
1 – 2-1/2″ Styrofoam Ball
1 – 2″ Styrofoam Ball
1 – 1-1/2″ Styrofoam Ball
2 – 7mm Googly Eyes
4 – 15mm Googly Eyes
2 – 20mm Googly Eyes
4 – 3/16″ Dowel Rods
Black Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
1″ Foam Sponge Paint Brush
White Craft Glue or Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Candle stub or paraffin wax
Serrated knife or Plastic knife
Things to do:
1. Using the Penguin Template , cut out the each required piece. The template will tell you how many parts of a shape you will need for each penguin. Trace each shape onto your felt squares. The feet and beaks will be cut from the orange felt square. The wings and tails will be cut from the black felt square.
2. Using the wax, wax your knife. Then cut a small slice off the bottom of each styrofoam ball. This will make your penguins stand better on their own. If little hands are helping with this project, substitute the serrated knife with a plastic knife.
3. Carefully draw a light circle on each styrofoam ball for the penguins bellies.
4. Gently push a dowel rod in the bottom of each styrofoam ball. This will make painting each penguin a bit easier.
5. Holding the styrofoam ball by the dowel rod, paint the entire area outside of each circle with the black acrylic paint. You may need to apply a couple coats of paint. Place the dowel rods into a jar or vase and let the styrofoam balls dry.
6. Once your styrofoam balls have dried, fold each felt beak in half and glue on the very top white section of each styrofoam ball.
7. Glue the felt feet to the bottom of each penguin.
8. Finally, glue the googly eyes on, just above their noses. Glue the tails on the bottom back part of each penguin, this will help stabilize your penguins a little more.