These romantic little candles are perfect for any occasion and oh so easy to make. Look for mismatched teacups at charity shops and yard sales. You can choose to color the wax with candle dye or to leave them simple, elegant and natural with plain wax.
Things to do:
1. Rinse and dry the teacups.
2. Break off enough wax to half fill the teacups and melt in the double boiler.
3. Dab the end of the wick in the melted wax and affix it to the center of the bottom of the cup.
4. Add a drop of scent and stir (the dowel is great for this job).
5. Place a dowel on either side of the wick to hold it in place.
6. Carefully pour the wax into the cup, filling it about half way.
7. Allow the wax to set up completely, it will form an indent around the wick as it cools.
8. Break of a small chuck of wax and melt, heating it just a little warmer than the first batch of wax. (you wont need to add scent here as there will be a small amount left in the pot from the first batch)
9. Pour this second pour” on top of the cooled wax, making sure it covered the entire top and fills in the indent.
10. Allow the wax to harden completely and trim the wick to 1/4 inch before burning.