As we finish up those paper towels, toilet paper and wrapping paper, turn the left over rolls into art. Let your imagination run free.
I truly was not sure what I was going to make with the roll when I started, I just started going with the flow and ended up with a flower. But you can make other kinds of hanging art, etc.
Things to do:
1. Measure off the tube in 1 to 2 inch sections.
2. Cut pieces off the roll.
3. Once all pieces are cut, start just playing with placement, see what you can come up with.
4. When placement is decides, start gluing pieces to one and other.
5. Mine became a flower, so I even used a stick from our hike last week as the stem and then took 2 of the sectioned pieces to glue the centers and make leaves.
6. Color or paint or leave as is. I decided to leave my flower natural for a more rustic piece.
There are so many ways this project can take you. I started by thinking I was going to be making a diamond of sorts, so I just let it guide me.
– Daneen Doggett-Wolfe