These fun, Swiss cheese like candles are a great afternoon craft that can have a variety of resulting looks. It’s also a great way to use up scrap wax in different colors to create striped versions. You can change the look of the candle according to the shape of the ice and by using different containers as a mold- frozen juice containers are a great alternative to a milk box.
Things you’ll need:
Cardboard milk carton
Things to do:
1. Start your wax melting over low heat.
2. Trim off the top of the milk carton so you have an open box.
3. Dip the bottom of the wick into the wax and affix it to the bottom of the carton in the very center.
4. Fill the container 3/4 of the way full with ice, keeping the wick in the center of the mold.
5. Pour melted wax directly over the ice until it’s just covered. Allow it to cool until hardened.
6. Tear the cardboard away from the candle once the wax is hard and then set the candle in the sink or a bowl until the water pockets have drained away.