With warm weather approaching, iced tea and coffee are going to quickly become staples in my house, and that also means that little wet rings will soon start appearing all over my tables, including my newly refinished coffee table. And we can’t have that, can we? To help keep the rings away I’m stocking my table with some custom made coasters, cheery and bright, just right for summer!
Things to do:
1. Cut squares from your fabric 1/2 inch smaller than your tiles. Trim the edges with pinking shears.
2. Apply a thin coat of Modge Podge to the entire top surface of the tile and smooth the fabric square on, centering it so that an even amount of tile is showing all the way around the fabric. Allow the Modge Podge to dry before proceeding.
3. Brush an even, thin coat of Modge Podge over the entire top of the tile and allow it to dry.
4. Spray the surface with two thin coats of glazy to seal. Allow the glaze to dry between coats.
5. Cut a square of felt just a tad smaller than the tile and glue them to the bottom of each to protect your tabletops from scratches. Allow the glue to set before using.