This little project is a great way to kick off the winter season with kids. The snowman can be scaled down or up according to what you want him for, don’t limit yourself to a doorstop; these little guys can work as paperweights, yard art or just something fun to sit on your mantle! Look for stones that have at least one slightly flat side to make assembling these easier.
Things you need:
Stones 2-3 for each snowman in graduated sizes
Sticky Ass Glue
White Acrylic Paint
Orange Acrylic Paint
Black Acrylic Paint
Felt Square (in the color of your choice)
Things to do:
1. Try out different placement combination’s until you find one you like.
2. Squirt a dime sized (more for larger snowmen) drop of glue onto one of the rocks where you would like them joined and get the other rock wet. Press the two together and hold in place for a few minutes, wiping any oozing glue away with a rag. Repeat with the third rock.
3. Once the glue is dry, paint eyes, a nose and a mouth on your snowman’s face.
4. Cut a strip from the felt long enough to create a scarf to wrap around his neck. Cut the ends into a fringe and wrap around, tying in front to secure.
5. Place your snowman where you can easily access him to hold open doors or wherever you need a little holiday cheer!