Things you need:
1 – Wooden Plaque
2 – Dowel Rods
1 – Brown Felt Square
1 – Black Felt Square
1 – Burgundy Felt Square
1 – Gray Felt Square
1 – Black Flocked Felt Top Hat
1 – Woven Burlap Fall Doll Hat
1 – Medium Knitted Yellow Scarf
1 – Medium Knitted Natural Scarf
1 – Knit Scarf and Hat Set
Assorted Mini Natural Buttons
1 – Unfinished Wood Mini Open Book
1 – Unfinished Wooden Guitar Cutout
Aleene’s True Snow
2 – Beige Pipe Cleaners
1 – Miniature Frosted Sisal Wreath
Black Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
White Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Nutmeg Brown Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Valentine Pink Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Glitter Holly Buttons
Dolphin Grey Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Ivory Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Cocoa Brown KL Curls Doll Hair
Small Navy Blue Velvet Apron Dress
Things to do:
1. Take the two dowel rods, keep the one 12″ and cut the second dowel rod to have one half 7-1/2″ and the other half 4-1/2″. The dowel rods will be used as the body of the carolers. Take all the dowel rods and paint them with the ivory acrylic paint. Using the dolphin gray paint and paint the wooden plaque.
2. Paint the unfinished wood book paint black and white. On the back of the book paint it white “Carols” and two lines to create the binding of book. Add any other details at your desire.
3. Paint the wooden guitar with the nutmeg paint, mix a touch of white to lighten the brown paint. Then after that dries, use the nutmeg and black paint to add details.
4. To make your little caroler, cut the black felt 2″ long and 5″ around, wrap around the bottom of the 4-1/2″ dowel rod for pants. The gray felt will be cut as a piece that is 5-1/2″ x 3″, this is going to be the shirt of the little caroler. Fold a lip down 1/2″ of the length 3″ and glue down in place. Wrap the gray felt around the dowel rod, leaving 1-1/2″ of the dowel rod still showing at the top. The folded end will be at the top to look like a coat. Glue together and add burgundy buttons.
For the arms of the coat, cut 2 pieces that are 2″ long and 2″ width from gray felt and cut two 2″ pieces from the beige pipe cleaners. Fold both gray felt squares in half and glue to create sleeves. Glue each sleeve to the coat just below the collar. Then fold the small pieces of pipe cleaner about a 1/2″ and glue to the other ends of the sleeves to create the hands. Take the red and white stripe scarf wrap around the dowel rod just above the top of the felt jacket, glue one end in front of dowel rod off to side and then the other end to the back side of the caroler. Glue hat on top of the dowel rod and then grab one of the mini wreaths and glue hands to it so he is holding it.
5. We are going to make the mom caroler with the 7-1/2″ dowel rod. Grab the navy blue dress and cut the top off of it to make it a skirt, make one cut in the skirt going down so you can wrap the skirt around the dowel rod and glue. With the burgundy felt cut a piece that is 5″ long x 7″ width, fold a lip of 1/2″ down to create the fold of coat at top. Wrap the burgundy felt around the dowel rod loosely, glue the top of the felt 2″ from the top of dowel rod in the back, then slant when bringing to front and glue onto dowel rod. When gluing the ends to connect the felt, at top fold the outside corner in a bit and glue down. Glue on two lighter buttons on the burgundy felt coat.
For the arms of the coat, cut 2 pieces that are 2-1/4″ long and 2″ width from burgundy felt and cut two 2″ pieces from the beige pipe cleaners. Fold both burgundy felt squares in half and glue to create sleeves. Glue each sleeve to the coat just below the collar. Then fold the small pieces of pipe cleaner about a 1/2″ and glue to the other ends of the sleeves to create the hands.
Take the natural colored scarf, wrap around the the scarf just above the coat collar and glue ends in place. Glue the paint book into the mother carolers hands. To make the carolers hair, create loops with the coca brown KL curls, making it the length and fullness that you desire, glue on top of dowel rod. Add bangs if you would like. Then lastly, glue the hat on top of the hair.
6. Starting with the father caroler using the 12″ dowel rod. Grab the brown felt and cut a piece that is 6-1/2″ long x 4-1/2″ width, Wrap the cut brown felt around the the dowel rod, making sure the end of felt meets up with the bottom of the dowel rod. This will make become you carolers pants. Next, cut a 5-1/2″ long x 5″ width piece from the black felt to make a coat. Fold a lip of about 1″ down to create the coat top and glue. Wrap the felt around the dowel rod, glue onto the back of dowel rod and slightly slant downward into front. Overlap the collar when wrapping the coat over the dowel rod and then glue. Add and glue coat buttons to the front.
For the arms of the coat, cut 2 pieces that are 3-1/2″ long and 3″ width from black felt and cut two 3″ pieces from the beige pipe cleaners. Fold both black felt squares in half and glue to create sleeves. Glue each sleeve to the coat just below the collar. Then fold the small pieces of pipe cleaner about a 1/2″ and glue to the other ends of the sleeves to create the hands.
Take the yellow scarf and wrap around dowel rod above the top of black felt. Glue together and ends to the desired place. Take some of the left over gray and cut out a piece 3″ long for the hair, this will go around the dowel rod and stop on the sides. Glue hat on top of the dowel rod. Finally, glue the painted guitar to the hands of the caroler so that it looks like he is holding it.
7. Using your pink and black paints, add the faces of your carolers. Set aside to let dry. Once dry, glue all the carolers onto the gray plague.
8. Finally for the last step, take the bottle of the fake snow and place around the plaque and also on some spots of the carolers, for added effect.