Spring is my favorite time for adding to my home decor. I love making a new wreath for my front door each year. There are so many wonderful flowers and greens that can be used for this project. The possibilities for your floral design are endless- from brightly colored spring flowers to more natural, earthy elements. This wreath is a little unique and special as we’ve added rustic touches with the use of the frog mouth rusty frog jar lids. The greens and flowers fit perfectly inside these lids, as if creating a floral arrangement within the wreath.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 12 and up (as the craft requires use of a hot glue gun)
Things you’ll need:
12″ Natural Straw Wreath
Artificial Forsythia Pick
Leaf Print Wired Burlap Ribbon
Green Artificial Leaf Spray
3 – Wide Mouth Rusty Tin Frog Jar Lids
Trigger-Fed Hot Melt Glue Gun
Dual Temp Glue Sticks
Over the Door Wreath Hanger
Things to do:
1. Staple one end of the burlap ribbon to the back of the 12″ straw wreath.
2. Then begin wrapping your ribbon around the wreath, holding tightly and overlapping each layer of ribbon slightly until the ribbon has covered the entire wreath.
3. Your wreath should now look like this. Wrap your ribbon the back of your wreath one last time. Cut the ribbon from your spool and staple the remaining end of ribbon to the back of your wreath.
4. Plug in the hot glue gun and let it warm up for 5 minutes. When your glue is hot enough, glue all three frog jar lids to the lower left corner of the wreath. Be sure to use ample glue to hold the lids securely.
5. Now arrange your flowers and greens as desired into each section of the frog jar lids. Add ample hot glue to the ends of each flower. Press and hold each end until it has tightly bonded with the wreath. After the glue has hardened, test how secure the flowers are by holding the wreath up and making sure each flower is secure and not moving.
6. When you are satisfied with your floral arrangement, cut an extra 18″ piece of burlap ribbon to make the bow. Tie bow as large as desired, then trim off the excess ribbon. Attach to the top of the wreath with hot glue.
7. Attach spring wreath to your door using the over the door wreath hanger.