It’s a crafty Christmas! Cozy up by the fire and have fun making these rustic, snowflake ornaments. They’re a lovely addition to any tree and can be painted or stain in any color to match your holiday decor.
Difficultly level: Beginner
Time to complete: 20 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
- Twist eight clothespins until they separate.
- Dip a paintbrush in water and use it to apply a thin layer of stain to the clothespin pieces. The water will help thin the stain, so it applies evenly.
- Use tacky glue to re-attach the clothespin pieces. The flat sides should be touching.
- Use hot glue to join two sets of clothespin pairs together. Add in 6 more clothespin sets to create a full star shape.
- Cut a 4-inch piece of ribbon and fold the ends in, so they overlap in the center and create a bow shape. Use wire to secure and pinch the bow in the middle.
- Use hot glue to attach the bow to the center of the star.
- Use hot glue to attach bells and greenery on top of the ribbon.
- Optional: Spray the entire snowflake with glitter for a finishing touch.
- Cut an 8-inch piece of jute and knot the ends. Use hot glue to attach it to the back of the star, creating a hanger for your ornament.