These darling ornaments are quick and easy to make and they add a festive touch to any tree. Combine Christmas colors to create these candy decorations and enjoy your beautiful tree this holiday season.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 10 Minutes
Age range: 10 and Up
Things to do:
1. Take a piece of red ric rac and a piece of white ric rac and weave them together until you reach your desired candy cane shape.
2. Cut your ric rac candy cane and pin it down onto the piece of cardboard. When you pin it, be sure that it falls in the shape you desire.
3. Create seven points out of red ric rac, creating a flower shape. Run thread through the center of the flower shape to keep the ric rac in place. Sew a bead onto the center of the flower.
4. Cut 3 1/2 inches of green ribbon and hot glue them to the flower to create leaves. Pin the ric rac flower down onto the cardboard.
5. Use your paintbrush to cover the ric rac flower and candy cane with fabric stiffener.
6. Let the candy cane dry over night before glue the flower to the candy cane.
7. Sew a ribbon hanger to the top of the candy cane, creating an ornament that is ready to be enjoyed.