Whether you’re looking for the perfect finishing touch for a special occasion outfit, showing your team spirit for the big game, or just want to add a little bling to summer ponytails and up-do’s, these crafty hair accessories are just the thing for dressing up your tresses in style.
Things to do:
1. Snip 8-10″ lengths of ribbon; for added interest, mix and match widths, textures, and tones.
2. Next, align your ribbons and add a dab of glue to their midpoints then slightly overlap the ribbons. Do not stack the ribbons on top of each other. Set aside and let dry.
3. Weave your needle and thread through each ribbon and all the layers. Do this about three times and tie the thread off.
4. Hot glue your ribbon bundle to your ponytail holder and let cool.
5. Finally, cut a 2-1/2″ piece of ribbon and tie it in a loose knot. Hot glue the knot on top of the ribbon bundle and glue the ends under the ribbon bundle. Let cool and now your ponytail streamer is finished!
Tip: To prevent fraying, cut ribbon ends at an angle, or in an inverted V.” For added fray protection, coat the cut edges with a thin layer of clear fingernail polish, Fray Check, or clear drying glue. If your ribbon is delicate, test these methods on a sample piece before starting your project.