Whether you prefer shabby chic decor or more modern, Scandinavian design, you can create a beautiful shelf using only popsicle sticks! Grab your hot glue gun, and let’s get started!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 15 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. The first step is staining your popsicle sticks. Use a foam brush to apply a thin layer of stain. Let them dry completely.
2. Lay your popsicle sticks in a triangle pattern. Make sure all of your angles are sharp.
3. Use hot glue to secure the popsicle sticks, making a frame.
4. Continue building out from the frame by adding popsicle sticks with hot glue. For my shelf, I added 10 layers, which gave me about 2 1/2 inches of depth.
1. First, create the frame for your shelf. It’s important the angles are straight, so take the time to make sure your hexagon shape is perfect before you start gluing.
2. Build out your self by adding layers of popsicle sticks. For my hexagon shelf, I added 10 layers of popsicle sticks, which gave me about 2 1/2 inches of depth.