We use a lot of thumbtacks around our house to display all that kid art that comes my way (I love it all!) and I’m always looking for tacks that are a little beyond the ordinary. After all, who wants plain thumbtacks when you have fabulous kid art to hang up? These thumbtacks are quick to make and are so cute with their bright colors and shiny finish. Make a whole batch while your at it, you can never have too many!
Difficulty level: Easy, requires use of an oven so adult supervision is recommended
Time required: 30 minutes
Things to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 475 and line a baking pan with foil.
2. Arrange beads on the foil so that there is about an inch between each to allow for them to spread.
3. Slide the pan into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the beads have melted.
4. Pull from the oven carefully wearing your oven mitts and allow the beads to cool before peeling them off.
5. Once the flattened beads are cool and hard, wad up a piece of foil and press the tacks in so that they lie flat.
6. Apply a small amount of glue to the top of each tack and press the beads onto the glue. Allow them to dry before removing and using.