During autumn, it’s fair to say that you can’t have too many pumpkin crafts around! I love decorating with pumpkins because they can stay out the entire season, all the way through Thanksgiving. Pipe cleaner pumpkins are adorable and easy to make for kids, too. Make several and string them together for a fun door decoration!
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 15 minutes
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Fold one orange pipe cleaner gently in half to find the center.
2. Repeat for the remaining pipe cleaners.
3. Twist the middle of one pipe cleaner onto the middle of another one. Just one twist is enough.
4. Continue with the remaining pipe cleaners, building them on top of each other at the center.
5. Bring the ends up in one bunch and hold them together.
6. Set the orange pipe cleaners aside, and wrap a green pipe cleaner around your finger to wind it. Remove it from your finger.
7. Twist it onto the end of the pipe cleaner structure you made before, about an inch or so down, as shown.
8. Hold the top with one hand, and with the other, squash” the pipe cleaners until they look a little more like a pumpkin.
9. This is what it looks like. Go through now and adjust each one so they’re rounded and smooth, and not pointy and square.
10. Grab your brown pipe cleaner and start wrapping it around the top of the pumpkin, as a stem.
11. Keep wrapping until you reach the top. Trim any excess.
12. Enjoy your cute little pipe cleaner pumpkin!