Create a wooden letter Santa for each member of you family! These can stand alone on a mantel (they’d look so cute above a stocking!) or you can add a ribbon or twine to the back and hang from the Christmas tree.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 30 – 60 minutes (includes dry time)
Age range: 10+
Things you’ll need:
Small wooden letter
Miniature felt santa hat
Red acrylic paint
Black acrylic paint
Paint brush http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/1302_2105_1061-42214-golden_nylon_paint_brushes.html
Silver glitter http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/1531_2530_1532-5252-silver_sparkle_craft_glitter.html
Ribbon or twine for hanging
Things to do:
1. Paint the front of the letter red. You can also paint the sides if you’d like! Allow the letter to dry.
2. Pull off small amounts of cotton and glue to the bottom of the letter.
3. Paint a strip of black across the middle of the letter. On this A,” the middle bar is the best place to paint it.
4. Squeeze some glue in the center of the black strip, in the shape of a buckle.
5. Sprinkle glitter onto the glue. When the project is dry, glue the miniature santa hat to the top.