Turn ordinary wood craft spoons into one-of-a-kind friends! Then use your Wooden Spoon Bunnies as Easter decor, place them in Dirt Pudding as a festive touch OR have an afternoon of puppet play with them!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 20 minutes
Age range: 8 and up
Things to do:
1. Start by painting your wooden spoon either cream or grey. Use a foam brush to apply a thick layer of paint and set it aside to dry.
2. Next, we’re going to cut out the ears. Fold your grey felt in half and cut out half of an ear shape. Unfold the felt to reveal a perfectly symmetrical critter ear. Use this as a pattern for the second ear.
3. Cut a smaller version of your grey ears out of pink felt.
4. Use hot glue to attach the pink shapes to the center of your grey ears.
5. Secure the ears to the back of your wooden spoon with hot glue.
6. Now we get to make the face of our little critters. Start by using hot glue to attach google eyes to the center of the wooden spoon.
7. To complete your project, paint a nose, mouth, and whiskers onto the spoon – don’t forget the eyelashes!