This luscious cupcake won’t ruin your diet! The twine cupcake is quirky and adorable, and would make perfect decor for a birthday party or any other celebration. Make it in many different colors for a variety of flavors.”
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Cut the styrofoam ball in half with your knife.
2. Keep one side for this cupcake, but set the other aside to make a second one! Warm up your hot glue gun and hot glue.
3. Open up your twine and glue the end to the bottom, flat side of your half-ball of styrofoam to hold it in place.
4. Start wrapping the twine around the bottom of the ball. While wrapping, glue once for every wrap, to keep the twine in place.
5. Continue wrapping the twine neatly.
6. Wrap all the way up the top and allow the twine to trail down what will become the back of your cupcake.
7. Glue the end to the bottom of the styrofoam, as you did in Step 3.
8. Hot glue the cupcake top to the inside of the cupcake liner. To finish, add a bead, button, or other type of embellishment to the top as desired.