Looking for the perfect snow day activity for kids? These popsicle stick ornaments are simple and a whole lot of fun to make! Give the kids different colored popsicle sticks or pieces to decorate the car and make it all their own.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 15 minutes
Age range: 8 and up
Things to do:
- Hot glue a button to the end of two popsicle sticks. These will be the wheels of your car.
- Next, create the sides of your car by hot gluing two popsicle sticks horizontally on either side of the wheel bases.
- Using wire cutters or strong scissors, shorten the vertical popsicle (car sides) sticks.
- Measure the distance between the sides of your car and cut a popsicle stick to fit in the middle. Use hot glue to attach it.
- Trace the shape of the center of your car onto a piece of glitter paper. Cut out the shape and glue it inside.
- Break off a cinnamon stick to measure roughly the size of the roof of your car.
- Wrap pipe cleaner around the stick in a spiral, getting bigger towards one end to create a Christmas tree. Use glue to hold the ends of the pipe cleaner in place.
- Glue the tree to the top of the car.
- Cut a 6-inch piece of twine and tie the ends together, creating a loop. Glue the loop to the car to create a hanger for your ornament.