You can make these craft stick snowflakes in many different ways – almost as many ways as there are snowflakes in nature! Hang these on your wall as a single snowflake, or string them together in vertical rows for a dazzling design.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Time required: 1-2 hours (to allow for drive time)
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Line up 6 craft sticks at 30-degree angles. I’ve used a ruler but you can also use a protractor.
2. Glue two at a time on top of each other.
3. Glue all the sticks together at the center, maintaining the 30-degree angles.
4. Glue a stick to each spoke” to make the snowflake larger.
5. Now you can get creative! For this snowflake I’ve glued sticks between each spoke as shown.
6. This is what it looks like when you’re done. You can keep adding sticks to the long spokes for more intricate designs.
7. Paint your snowflake white and allow to dry.
8. Apply glue to the snowflake and sprinkle on glitter. Allow to dry, then attach a string to hang your creation!