Decorate your purse or backpack with this feather charm and channel your inner bohemian babe! These macrame feathers are easy to make and the size is customizable, so you can make them to fit on any bag.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 10 and up
Things to do:
- Cut a piece of cording that measures 26″ long. Fold the cord in half and lay it vertically.
- Cut two 8″ pieces of cording. Fold one of the pieces in half and lay it horizontally under the vertical cord. Pull your second piece through to make a square knot.
- Tie a knot below to prevent the square knots from sliding off.
- Continue stacking square knots until you reach your desired length.
- Starting with a seam ripper, start splitting the tails of your macrame cord.
- Use a comb to completely unravel the cord the rest of the way.
- Trim cording into a feather shape.
- To complete the look, slide a bead over the top macrame loop.