Frame a whimsical Easter egg with this button egg decor. Finding the right buttons is fun – enlist the help of your kids. They may even steal this little decoration for their own rooms!
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Remove the paper and glass from your frame. Trace around the glass onto your card stock. Set the glass aside and cut out the rectangle.
2. Double check to make sure the card stock will fit into the opening of your frame.
3. Draw an egg shape on the card stock. Fill much of the card stock, but make sure it doesn’t go all the way to the edges or the button egg won’t fit in the frame.
4. Organize your buttons. For the project I’ve used three different colors, but you can arrange them into any pattern you’d like.
5. Glue the top group of buttons onto the egg.
6. Keep gluing buttons until you’ve filled out the entire egg. Put the card stock into the frame, and display!