Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 20 minutes, plus 1 hour drying time for adhesive
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Protect your work surface with a covering in case the spray adhesive over-sprays. Place a sheet of cardstock on the covering.
2. Shake the spray adhesive well, then apply it to the cardstock, holding it 6-8 inches away as you spray an even coat.
3. Press the doily down onto the spray adhesive, smoothing it out to ensure there are no wrinkles and making sure that the edges adhere to the cardstock.
4. Allow the doily to set for one hour.
5. Place the circle punch over the edge of the doily. You can place the punch anywhere you’d like depending on how much of the doily you want to show up on the tag.
6. Rotate the cardstock to the next edge, then punch a second gift tag.
7. Rotate the cardstock to the next edge, then punch a third gift tag.
8. Using scissors, cut the cardstock close to the last doily edge to allow one more punch.
9. Punch the fourth and final tag on the cut edge.
10. If you’re applying the gift tag to a box, simply tape the circle onto the box or wrapping paper and write the recipient’s name on the tag. If you’re using a gift bag, punch a hole in the top of the tag using a hole punch, then thread baker’s twine through the hole. Secure the tag to the gift bag using the twine, then write the recipient’s name either on the front or back of the tag.