Bring a little magic to your child’s next birthday party or play date with these unicorn headbands! With just a few simple supplies, you can create a fun costume that your little one is sure to enjoy. Let their imaginations run wild with this unicorn headband project!
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 30 Minutes
Age range: 12 and Up
Things to do:
1. First, make a pattern for your unicorn horn and ears.
2. Trace the horn pattern onto a piece of glitter foam and the ears onto felt and cut out the shapes.
3. Fold the horn shape into thirds, giving it a circular shape. Use hot glue to hold the folds in place.
4. Cut two strips of felt, measuring 2-inches wide.
5. Wrap the felt around your headband, using hot glue to secure the felt.
6. Use hot glue to secure the horn to your felt-covered headband. Glue the two bottom flaps down, creating a base for the horn. Secure the base to the headband.
7. Use glue to attach the felt ears and felt ear centers together.
8. Fold the ears up around the headband and use glue to secure them.
9. Next, add the flower decorations. Peel and stick the rosettes onto a piece of green felt and cut out around them, creating leaf shapes.
10. Glue the greenery and rosettes onto the front of the unicorn headband.