Do you want to build a snowman? This simple winter craft is the perfect cozy afternoon activity! Have your kids help you wrap the yarn for the snowballs and watch the snowman come to life.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things you’ll need:
Styrofoam balls (3-inch, 4-inch, 5-inch)
White chunky yarn
Heavy gauge black wire
Felt (black and grey)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Things to do:
1. Wrap all three Styrofoam balls with chunky yarn.
2. Twist your black wire into arms for your snowman. Insert the arms on both sides of the 4-inch ball.
3. Hot glue the three balls together and let the glue dry completely.
4. Cut a 2″ strip of felt and glue it into a hat shape. Trace around it to cut the top felt. Then cut a 4″ circle for the brim. Glue together and trim any excess edges.
5. Add a 3/4 ” band of grey felt around the base of the hat.
6. Glue hat and buttons onto the snowman.
7. Tie the burlap ribbon scarf around the neck.
8. Knot the ends of a piece of string together, creating a loop. Push it down into the back of the head and secure with a florist pin for hanging.