The approach of November means thinking about family, harvest… and turkey. Decorate with these adorable ribbon turkeys. You can make several and hang them as garland, add to a barrette or pinback, or attach to packages for your Thanksgiving hosts.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Warm up your hot glue gun. Cut the brown ribbon to 18 inches. Fold it into a loop as shown. This is the bottom of the turkey’s body.
2. To make the head, bring the ribbon back around and create a smaller loop on top of the larger one.
3. Bring the ribbon back to the lower part of the body again, making a slightly larger loop.
4. Trim the ribbon and glue the end underneath the top layer, and glue all layers together in the center.
5. Cut three pieces of orange and three pieces of yellow ribbon each to 5 inches long.
6. Fold all of them into loops and glue the ends together for each.
7. Glue two of the loops to the back of the turkey, so the round parts of the loops stick out over the head” of the turkey.
8. Add all the remaining loops in a fan to create the tail of the turkey.
9. Glue the google eyes onto the turkey’s head.
10. Fold a small square of ribbon in half to make a triangle.
11. Glue the triangle to the turkey head, as a beak. Enjoy your ribbon turkey!