Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 2 hours
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Open the medium pompom maker, then wrap the yarn around one end, making sure you wrap over the yarn tail to secure it.
2. Continue wrapping until you have filled the entire half of the pompom maker. The more yarn you wrap, the thicker and puffier your pompom will be.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 on the other side of the pompom maker, trying to make the second side even with the first side.
4. When you are happy with the thickness, close the pompom maker, then trim the yarn.
5. Using sharp scissors, cut the pompom loops from one side of the pompom maker.
6. Repeat step 5 on the other side of the pompom maker. Cut an 8″ length of yarn, then tie it around the pompom tightly.
7. Remove the pompom from the pompom maker by pulling the maker apart.
8. Using the hot glue gun, add a dab of hot glue to the back of the pompom.
9. Press the pompom onto the foam tree. We suggest starting at the bottom and working your way up to the top of the tree.
10. Continue to make and add pompoms, filling the entire circumference of the foam tree. Pack the pompoms in as tightly as possible to make sure there’s no white foam visible.
11. If you’d like, you can change the shades of green to go from dark to light as you work your way up the tree.
12. When you reach the top of the tree, glue pompoms around the top, then add one to the tip of the tree to cover the top of the foam.
13. Use scissors to trim away any uneven pompoms around the tree.