Make one pipe cleaner reindeer, or create enough to lift a tiny sleigh! You’ll be delighted with your cute fleet of reindeer. Go, Rudolph!
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Bend a loop at one end of a full pipe cleaner. This will be the reindeer’s face.
2. Create a figure-8 shape above the face by twisting the pipe cleaner in place. These will be the ears.
3. Bend a portion of the pipe cleaner for the neck, and make another bend for the reindeer’s body.
4. Create a tail at one end.
5. Cut a pipe cleaner in half. Twist them around the body for legs.
6. Twirl one pipe cleaner around a pencil, then remove it from the pencil.
7. Wrap the pipe cleaner around the neck and the body.
8. Repeat steps 6-7 with another pipe cleaner.
9. Cut a piece of another pipe cleaner to 2 1/2 inches. Wrap this behind the reindeer’s ears – this forms the structure of the antlers.
10. Cut two pieces of pipe cleaner to 1 inch each. Wrap one around each tip of the pipe cleaner that you attached in Step 9. These add additional points to the reindeer’s antlers.
11. This is what the antlers look like when you’re finished.
12. Cut a very small bit of felt and glue to the reindeer’s face – you now have an adorable red nose!