You’ll spend a bit of time painting all of the clothespins for this festive and eye-catching wreath, but the results are so worth it! Your friends will ooh and ahh every time they step through your door. This is a perfect home decor item for all of our summer patriotic holidays.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time to complete: 1-2 hours (includes drying time)
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Figure out how many red, white and blue clothespins you’ll need, based on the size of your wreath. Look at the photo of the finished wreath for guidance. Paint the first batch blue.
2. Once the blue clothespins are dry, you can place them on the wreath. I avoided the top wire. When I placed the clothespins on the wreath, I used the bottom two and staggered those with the middle two, as shown. This gives the wreath a neat, rounded appearance.
3. Paint your red clothespins.
4. Decide how many stars you want to use, and paint those white.
5. While those are drying, paint the final batch of clothespins white.
6. Start placing the red and white clothespins on the wreath as you did the blue ones, alternating colors. I used 5 reds and then alternated with 5 whites.
7. Glue the white stars to the blue side of the wreath.